Thursday, March 5, 2009

A fun little project....

I wanted to make bulletin boards for the kids, but did not want the cork kind, and also wanted something very inexpensive. So I found two packs of plain canvas at Micheal's for $4.99 on sale. The I bought some bargain fabric at Jo-Ann's, got out my trusty staple gun and went to work....



I cut the fabric a bit bigger than the canvas and then wrapped it around and stapled away!


Stretch the fabric so it is nice and smooth, if you stretch enough, there is no need to iron the fabric before hand!

Next, I picked up some .99 cent ribbon, can't remember if it was at Michael's or Jo-Ann's
And the stapled it to each side....





I added in some old curtain hooks here and there....


Add some cloths pins and your set!




This is the one I did for Kade...

2 comments:

Jolina said...

LOVE this idea lynn!! I will have to try one!!

Lori said...

What a great idea! You're so creative!