Monday, April 4, 2011

The big "A" word had been spoken and I am not talking donkey

Last Thursday I received a phone call, it was not unexpected, but, not looked forward to either. It was the first time Autism was spoken to me in reference to my daughter, Kami has always been quirky, just a bit off, and it has been showing up more as her social skills, or lack there of, developed. After I hung up I really wanted to brake down and cry, then I wanted to cure her, then I was scared, worried and concerned about her future, and this was all in the first five minutes. But, then I decided to pack up the girls and head to the gym, I put the treadmill on a incline of seven and climbed, climbed and climbed, I have a feeling it's going to be a up-hill battle for us and practice makes perfect!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh Lynn!

I know you have been worried and moms always know their children the best and worry the most too!

I gave up my gym membership, otherwise I'd meet you there to hear all the details and just listen!

You have lots of dear friends and such a great hubby...but if you need to go for a walk or have a playdate or just coffee date - I'm in!

We are going thru our own real genuine difficulties with Maisie too. We started some therapy for sensory issues last week. It's amazingly overwhelming trying to change my parenting and do new things for her growth.

Hang in there - I will pray!

Cara said...

Lynn, you are a stong and amazing mom. You have lots of support. You will get through this and Kami will thrive, that sweet little beautiful girl.

Jake loves Riane said...

Lynn, just wanted to offer (hugs) and prayers.
Riane :)