Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Up, Up and Away...

To celebrate our 12 wedding anniversary Robert and I got up very early Sunday morning to take a hot air balloon adventure.

Before we could go up, we had to help fill the balloon with air.
Getting close...

and closer..

and closer.

It's full of air, now we just have to heat it up!

All aboard!

Up we go.....maybe a little higher, don't want to hit a tree!

Looks so beautiful up here!

Coming down for a 'splash and dash' in the river.

Ok, I think my feet are going to get wet!




Back up again.

Getting up above the clouds, about 3000 feet.


Whew, that's a long way down!



What goes up, must come down....

deflate....

tipped over...

and packed up.
Cheers!

6 comments:

Julie said...

How very cool. Happy anniversary! When we drove up to Napa this weekend, we saw several balloons and commented that we needed to try it. Would this happen to be the same area where LPBW filmed their hot air balloon ride?

Liz said...

Breathtaking views!

Jenny said...

How Fun!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun, and a little nerve racking. Congrats on 12 years!

Cara said...

Great pictures as always! Happy anniversary to you two. What an exciting way to celebrate. Some of those pictures make my feet tingle, you are up so high!

Amanda said...

I just came across your blog tonight and read through some old posts. WOW!! These pictures are beautiful!!! Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride. I feel like I know what it'd be like now!