Friday, February 5, 2010

Doctor, Doctor....


Ahhh, the doctors office, with four children I find myself there often. With all the check-ups, injuries and general illnesses and concerns, we average 2 visits a month, at least. So, this past week when Kami had her four year-old well child check, we were not in uncharted territory.


When I schedule appointments I, one, try to find a time when I have a babysitter for the other three kids (or four, if is my turn to go) and, two, try the get an appointment first thing in the morning or right after lunch so we do not have a long wait. Sometimes getting both of these is not an option, so I will always pick number two over number one, I don't have time to sit in the doctors office for two hours! So, this was the case with Kami's visit, myself and the three younger kids sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor.


Kade brought his DSi, which he and Kami were fighting over, Kori wanted endless cups of water and tissues to 'fake' sneeze into. After I took the DSi into my possession, Kade found spinning on the doctors stool amusing and Kami took to playing with the blood pressure cup and pulling out the stirrups from the exam table!


Next comes in our beloved Dr. D, she has been with us since I was pregnant with Kayla, and we love her to death! As soon as she came in Kami decided she had to go potty...agh! So off we run down the hall while poor Dr. D is left back in the exam room shouting for me to get a sample while we were in there. Well, that put Kami on the spot and she asked us to 'turn around' so she could do her business in private! :0 Too funny. We got a dribble of a sample and headed back to the exam room.


Next we went through all the basics of the well child check, Kami was great, Kade was jumping around and Kori was talking up a storm while trying to climb on the counter to get all the glass vials of meds. After Kami was determined to be a great healthy four year-old, the bad news came......four shots! Yikes!


By the time the nurses came in to do the vaccines Kori was beyond exhausted and was having a major melt down, screaming, crying on the floor, Kade was board and whinny and Kami had a feeling nothing good was a foot. As I held Kami in my lap, wrists held tight and my legs wrapped around hers, I had to laugh, on kid on the floor, one sitting on the bench annoyed with the thought of being there and one in my arms about to cry her head off. I live a crazy life, I stressful life, but gosh some times it just feels good to laugh at it!

1 comment:

jc said...

And you still managed to take a picture there?!?