Sunday, December 14, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!!!!







It started around 6 this morning, "Mom, MOM, MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, it's snowing!" My children with sleep still in the corners of their eyes could make out a few snowflakes sneaking out of the thick, milky white clouds. Then came the "can we go outside?????" Prying my eyes open, I saw that one was without a shirt, one was in PJs and one was only in undies, but they still were jumping up and down excitedly exclaimed that they HAD to go outside this minute to catch the 3 snowflakes that had made it into our yard. "No", I grumbled to them, "it's too early." "Then when, when can we go outside!!!!" they wined. This is when I realized I was fighting an uphill battle, nothing can come between kids and snow, NOTHING, not even a sleep deprived Mom! So, yes they went outside, caught a snowflake or two, and they went out again , and again, 'till there was more snow inside than out. Or at least that is how my hardwood floors looked to me! :( But, they had fun and at the looks of things right now, there will be another early morning tomorrow!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay, found your blog~duh, right there in front of me the whole time! I picture you're sitting in front of the fire, sipping hot cocoa~ahh, so jealous!