Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's all to Fast...

Kayla as a newborn

Kayla as a nine year old


When Kayla was a baby, all I could think about was when she would do this or when she would do that. I was excitedly anticipating of all of her milestones, first roll, first tooth, first step, first word, I could not wait for the next thing to happen. And they all did, Kayla was early for all of her milestones, early walker, early talker, I took much pride in her accomplishments, like any mother would. But, somewhere in all those firsts, she grew up. And I am left wondering when did this happened...where did my little girl go?

Now, I know we are not out of firsts yet, she has many more to come, but, oh, if I could just go back and slow things down and enjoy every last second of those first, firsts instead of eagerly looking forward to the next. Even now, I wish I could just slow time down and be able to take in my children how they are each day the good, the bad, and the comical, instead of just trying to survive each day. The years keep going by faster and faster and before long we will have an empty nest, I just hope that I can find the time each day to revel in the moment and not be left saying, "where did time go."

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Wow - you are a frequent blogger! Good for you Lynn! I loved browsing the pics. Isn't it addicting?!

And I know exactly how you feel about surviving. I am constantly feeling like I want them to grow out of this hard phase or that hard phase, when doing that just makes them grow up fast and into another challenging phase.

I can tell you are like me and just really love being a mommy. I wonder if women like us will ever feel like we are done...do you ever wonder that? I'm pretty sure we are going to have another - what's your thinking these days?

Well, you can count on me leaving you some comments from now on!!