Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ahhh, a New Year!



I got to start the New Year (well 3 days into the new year) at the spa! I indulged in a deep tissue massage and a facial, both were much needed after our extended Christmas vacation. I have to say the the facial was a surprising treat.....for a strange reason!




One of the first creams that was applied instantly reminded me of my Grandmother! And that brought a flood of memories back to me... the white face cream she used, her house, the red kitchen chairs, how she always brought us chocolate milk because we couldn't drink store bought! Oh, and who could forget the light covers on the patio, made out of coffee cans and marbles..too cool! :) I hadn't thought about my Grandmother's house in a while, when I was younger and could not fall asleep, I would picture each room in my head, remembering every piece in it, even where she kept the granola and chicken soup in the kitchen. So, as I enjoyed my facial, I also enjoyed a trip down memory lane.....

1 comment:

jc said...

how could you leave out mention of the pink-on-pink bathroom? and the laundry chute? and dr. pepper in the fridge?