Friday, January 9, 2009

It's Easy, NOT!

You know you have a "tween" when the easy task of going to the local office supply store to purchase material needed for her school project turns into a paper fight!

Now, in Kayla's defence, PMS was raging, so I was not in a "easy going" mood, but, my dear, dear daughter wanted to tell me that some how I was to know exactly what she need when she said "I need a big piece of paper."

Well, with that I shuffle all five of us over to the poster board.
"Here is the paper" I say.

This is followed by a "NOOOOOO, not that kind of paper, it has to be bigger!"

Ok, now I know I have not done a school project in a while, but the fact that there is bigger paper than poster board, well this is news to me. Now, I try to CALMLY, inform her that there is not bigger paper, which in turn is followed by a lot of nos, buts, and then tears...hers not mine. Finally, she blurts out that she needs a piece of paper from a roll....now that's information I could have used, oh about the time she said she needed a big piece of paper!

I am sure the staff and customer's enjoyed our "paper fight" looking back on it now it is a little humorous...but as soon a Staples easy button helps with parenting, I will buy 4!



2 comments:

Tina Kelley said...

Great post Lynn!! Aww yes, with 2 teens in the house I can tell ya that you are just entering the communication breakdown phase.
I recently heard, "That's SO metal!"
Todd looked at me and all I could do was shrug my shoulders.

Julie said...

At least she didn't wait till the night before. Just wait till that happens.